Skip to main content

5 Great Blogs to Read and Follow

One thing that inspired me to start blogging was reading other blogs written by young ambitious women. Their stories of learning tough life lessons, excelling in their career and following their passions encouraged me to do the same.

For over 2 years I've shared my own experience in this little corner of the internet. I have been able to express myself and give my own perspective on life as a twenty-something. By writing on this blog I have learnt a lot about myself.
5 Great Blogs-bloggers to read and Follow

I hope you enjoy these blogs as much as I do and maybe discover someone new:

finallyfiona.com
SOURCE: finallyfiona.com
This blog is amazing because of the combination of personal development, inspiration and beauty topics that Fiona writes about. As you know, I am also passionate about personal development. Fiona previously had a natural hair and beauty blog but has since pivoted her direction and got focused on her life, business and personal growth as a young woman.

She released this new blog in 2016 and I have been reading all her new content (and watching her YT videos of course) on life & well-being, love - being a wife, business - blogging & money and Self-Care - hair & beauty. This new blog grabbed my attention because of her decision to focus on pursuing her purpose in life and to inspire other women to do the same.
I'm sure you will appreciate what she is doing with her blog /brand as she grows and it expands worldwide.   


The Scientific Beauty by Sophie (now Dr. Sophie with a PhD)
A scientific beauty blogger, what a fabulous combination. As a woman in STEM (Science, Tech, Engineering, Maths) myself, it is fantastic to see other women in STEM who express all aspects of their lives and are passionate about a variety of things. Just because we are women in STEM that doesn't mean we can’t also love fashion and beauty.
Sophie writes about the real science behind the beauty products we use and explains the scientific terms into plain English. Her dedication to science and writing has helped her to land her dream job in science communication, which allows her to travel the world in style while doing what she loves.

Dephne’s blog is an extension of her wonderful YouTube channel. Her zeal for sharing her faith to the world boldly is something I admire about her. Dephne covers topics on Christianity, life as a woman of God and hair/beauty tips.

She is a talented author - with 3 books under her belt, fashion designer - she designs and makes most of her own clothes and speaker. If you are someone who is also developing their own walk with God, do check out her wonderful videos of prayers and bible studies packed full of empowering words sourced directly from the Bible. 

Her graceful and modern way of sharing God's word enheartens and uplifts your soul.     


Pretty Green Tea by Daisy
prettygreentea.com
SOURCE:prettygreentea.com
A lifestyle and travel blog that lets us watch(read) about Daisy’s life, travels and business. Her down to earth blog posts are relatable in many ways. Her blog posts on city escapes, business, personal development and mindfulness give real honest tips and advice on coping with life as a young adult.
The variety of topics covered on her blog keeps you reading and helps to propell you in actually taking action on her advice and recommendations.


Patricia Bright - Youtube star, wife, mother and business woman.
Most people know Patricia from her YouTube channel but I have come to really enjoy her blog too. She writes all about life, beauty, style and inspirational advice. She writes and talks about both outer beauty and inner beauty. Personal development and positivity are what motivates her to do and be the best she can be.  
Her confidence and determination to be a success in everything that she does while sharing her journey and lessons with the world is inspiring. If you want to fire up your #girlboss aspirations then she is one to follow.



One common thread that you can see with each one of these women is that they are pursuing both their career/business paths and their personal passions. That is exactly what I am striving to do in my life. As millennial women, we have a great advantage because of the many opportunities available to us to use our talents and thrive in multiple industries.


Although there are at least 20 other international bloggers I could share with you, I wanted to highlight the young women in the UK making it happen!


Tell me in the comments below which blogs you enjoy reading?

Natalie-Claire x 



PS: If you enjoyed this post Subscribe& get updates plus free printable worksheets to help you stay organized.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CodeGirl: The movie

Event: CodeGirl Movie Screening Venue: Co-operative Head Office, Angel Square. Manchester  On arrival, we were welcomed with a drinks reception and a guest pass to enter. The event began with an introduction from Danielle, one of the organisers [ Ladies of code ] and the tech director of our host The Co-operative Group.  They both focused on the importance of encouraging girls to get involved in tech and to start learning how to code from any age.  The Movie:  T he movie is more of a docu-film, it is about  an  international competition  for girls in high school to take part in. They have   to create an APP that solves a problem within their community. They have to design and code the APP themselves and present a video demo of how it works as part of the competition entry. 

How to Plan and Schedule your week: Time Management

My personal development journey began when I got tired of always being late for most things. I couldn't seem to accurately measure how much time I needed for travel and getting ready - I always assumed that it wouldn't take me that long. And I hugely underestimated the unpredictability of public transport, hence the need to allow for extra delays. Last month I went live and spoke about the process I go through to plan and schedule my week. Instagram IGTV - Natalie-Claire: Life Coach Summary: Know your VALUES.  Look at your goals  - monthly, quarterly.  What are your priorities right now?   Your responsibilities.  Top Tips Set a day to plan your week (e.g: Sunday evening) Theme your days Meal plan  Plan your outfits Take time out for your self-care: physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Having a clear plan is all about knowing what you want and what you value.  Subscribe and get a free Goal Tracker and a 50% off code for T

3 Books that Changed my Life

Getting through my early twenties was a challenge .  (A little scary to admit but I felt completely overwhelmed to become this adult everyone expects you to be).  At times I felt like I had no control over my world, both p ersonally and professionally . I needed to do something about it. And these three books saved me from crumbling.  1. The defining decade by Dr Meg Jay.   I started reading this book just before I hit 25 and honestly, it was a life saver. It helped me realise that this is the decade to define who and what you want to become. Dr Jay as an expert writes about the lies and misconceptions society tells us to believe about what our twenties should look like, the reality, however, can be a little disappointing. And she helps us make sense of it all.   The three main areas  of focus  highlighted in the defining decade are Work; Love; The brain and the body. Work Using your twenties to build your identity in the field of your choice, by building