Skip to main content

Gratitude and Self-Love

Gratitude:
The quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.

As we’re already past the halfway point of the year, it’s a good time to reflect on what we have done and what we have. 

What I’m most grateful for

God - without my strong faith and belief in God, I wouldn’t be the woman I am today. I’ve been through some tough challenges that I thought I could never get through but here I am today still standing and going after my dreams. I truly thank God. 

I know and trust that God has placed me on this earth for a reason. I live to fulfill my purpose that will always glorify God first and make an impact on the lives of others.

God is good -Gratitude
Gratitude


Family - my family is my biggest and strongest support system. I’m so grateful for my mother who believes in me even when I don’t and my love who always supports my crazy ideas even though he wants to be logical about things. 


Natalie-Claire Luwisha

Progress - although I feel I should be a lot more ahead in life right now: dream career or business, I’m proud of the progress I am making. It may be slow but it’s still progress. Be proud of each and every step you take towards your goals.  


We often forget to celebrate our progress while on the journey towards our goal but it is important to celebrate every milestone and create the habit of celebrating yourself at each stage of your journey. 


Slow and steady wins the race!

Benefits of Gratitude

We might not always feel like being grateful but gratitude has a way of changing our perspectives and there are many benefits to practicing gratitude: 

1 - Joy - being grateful makes us happy people and hence others are happy to be around us. When we appreciate what we have it brings us joy.

2 - Optimism - knowing what we are grateful for makes us realise how much good there is in the world. Whether we are grateful for the things we have, our accomplishments or the people who have come into our lives unexpectedly. 

3 - Gratitude can reduce stress and improve your health. The joy we feel when we are grateful makes us worry less. Thus reducing the negative effects of stress on our bodies.  Gratitude can increase your energy, improve your sleep and it gives us a longer life. 


How can you be more grateful: Some Practical Tips 

Try to have a daily or weekly gratitude practice - this can be in many forms, e.g: 
  • Write a list of 3 things you are grateful for today 
  • Have a gratitude walk - where you ponder upon all that you’re grateful for as you talk a short/ long walk 
  • Take on a 30-Day Gratitude Challenge 
  • Call someone and tell them how much you appreciate them 
  • Be kind to someone you don’t know for you might never know the difference it will make in their lives 

Even in our darkest moments there is always something to be grateful for, being alive is one of them and even the smallest things can change your whole outlook on life. The more things you look for that you are grateful for the more you will find. 

For me, gratitude and prayer has been an essential part of survival through many challenges in life and I continue to be grateful for what I have and especially for those around me.



Tell me in the comments below what are you grateful for?

Natalie-Claire x 


PS: If you enjoyed this post Subscribe & get updates + free printable worksheets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CodeGirl: The movie

Event: CodeGirl Movie Screening Venue: Co-operative Head Office, Angel Square. Manchester  On arrival, we were welcomed with a drinks reception and a guest pass to enter. The event began with an introduction from Danielle, one of the organisers [ Ladies of code ] and the tech director of our host The Co-operative Group.  They both focused on the importance of encouraging girls to get involved in tech and to start learning how to code from any age.  The Movie:  T he movie is more of a docu-film, it is about  an  international competition  for girls in high school to take part in. They have   to create an APP that solves a problem within their community. They have to design and code the APP themselves and present a video demo of how it works as part of the competition entry. 

How to Plan and Schedule your week: Time Management

My personal development journey began when I got tired of always being late for most things. I couldn't seem to accurately measure how much time I needed for travel and getting ready - I always assumed that it wouldn't take me that long. And I hugely underestimated the unpredictability of public transport, hence the need to allow for extra delays. Last month I went live and spoke about the process I go through to plan and schedule my week. Instagram IGTV - Natalie-Claire: Life Coach Summary: Know your VALUES.  Look at your goals  - monthly, quarterly.  What are your priorities right now?   Your responsibilities.  Top Tips Set a day to plan your week (e.g: Sunday evening) Theme your days Meal plan  Plan your outfits Take time out for your self-care: physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Having a clear plan is all about knowing what you want and what you value.  Subscribe and get a free Goal Tracker and a 50% off code for T

3 Books that Changed my Life

Getting through my early twenties was a challenge .  (A little scary to admit but I felt completely overwhelmed to become this adult everyone expects you to be).  At times I felt like I had no control over my world, both p ersonally and professionally . I needed to do something about it. And these three books saved me from crumbling.  1. The defining decade by Dr Meg Jay.   I started reading this book just before I hit 25 and honestly, it was a life saver. It helped me realise that this is the decade to define who and what you want to become. Dr Jay as an expert writes about the lies and misconceptions society tells us to believe about what our twenties should look like, the reality, however, can be a little disappointing. And she helps us make sense of it all.   The three main areas  of focus  highlighted in the defining decade are Work; Love; The brain and the body. Work Using your twenties to build your identity in the field of your choice, by building